First Aid at Work (3 Days)
The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 require employers to provide adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel to enable first aid to be given to employees if they are injured or become ill at work. These Regulations apply to all workplaces including those with five or fewer employees and to the self-employed. Successful candidates on this course will qualify as first aiders ( as defined by the regulations). The qualification will last for 3 years.
Who is it for?
Employees who require a first aid at work certificate to comply with HSE requirements
Course content includes:
- Priorities of first aid
- Managing an incident
- Roles/ responsibilities of employers & employees for first aid at work
- Care of the unconscious casualty
- Cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Disorders of the airway
- Dealing with bleeding and shock
- Causes of unconsciousness
- Burns and scalds
- Injuries to bones, muscles & joints
- Recognition and management of major illnesses
- Recognition of minor illnesses and appropriate action
- Eye injuries
- Miscellaneous injuries
- Record keeping and accident reporting
- Infection control
- Communication and delegation in an emergency
- Manage the transportation of a casualty
- Recognised first aider in the workplace
- First aid at work certificate valid for three years
- Duration - 3 Days (09:30 - 16:30)
- Assessment (practical) simulated medical scenarios
- Courses are run at various convenient locations
- In company training available
- Certification awarded to all successful candidates - valid for 3 years
- Discounts available for in-company training or multiple places on open courses.
- The first aid at work course can be combined with A.E.D (Automated External Defibrillator) where required.