Emergency First Aid At Work (1 Day)
The Health & Safety (First Aid at Work) Regulations 1981 state that all employers have a legal obligation to make emergency first aid provision for their employees. Appointed person training is ideal for low-risk or small workplaces, or to supplement and assist fully qualified first aider's in other workplaces.
Candidates will learn basic life–saving first aid techniques as well as how to take control of an emergency situation and how to ensure the workplace is prepared for medical emergencies.
Who is it for?
- Those wishing to learn basic first aid
- Those supporting a qualified first aider
- Those employed in a low risk working environment with less than 50 people
Course content includes:
- Personal safety, assessing the incident
- Priorities: DRSAB check and sending for help
- Unconscious casualty
- Resuscitation: adults
- Dealing with blood loss and shock
- Burns and scalds
- Heart attack
- Reporting and recording of incidents as required by HSE (Health & Safety Executive)
- Contents of HSE approved first aid kit
- Emergency First Aid at Work certificate valid for three years
- Duration - 1 Day (09:30 - 16:30)
- Courses are run at various convenient locations
- In company training available
- Certification of attendance - valid for 3 years
- Discounts available for in-company training or multiple places on open courses.
- This course is HSE Recognised